In this era where computers and the Internet are part of our study and daily life, there are 10 parents can be used to refer the matter, so that children from inappropriate Internet content damage.
1. Use the Windows and Xbox system parental controls. Microsoft’s Windows and Xbox provides a rich set of parental controls to block inappropriate sites. Please take advantage of them!
2. Ensure children use a strong password: Hackers can crack within 6 minutes 6 letter code consists of all lowercase components. They need to use eight or character password, which also includes a case, alphanumeric and special characters.
3. To ensure that their public username does not disclose personal information: Do not tell them that the use of personal information as a public user name, such as name, age, year of birth and address. Harbor trick people are evil, but also can be very clever. Do not give any clues they find you.
4. Tell them not to live chat with strangers: a small child when the parents had told them not to talk to strangers easily. Unfortunately, when online communication, some using anonymous Internet communication to the children a false sense of security. Harbor trick people will often wander child gathering places such as forums and chat rooms, and attract them to disclose personal information, provide photos and meet.
5. Let them know that parents and teachers will be able to see any information they publish on the Internet: when you post something on the Internet, in a timely manner has privacy settings, you do not know who will see it. This is because your friend may share your release, forward it to someone else or to discuss with other people.
6. Before school, children should not have their own computers: For young children, they should be limited to the use of the family computer in a common room. No matter how the other children’s parents say, let the children use the computer really too dangerous unsupervised situations.
7. Make sure that they use spam filter: Spam is the cause of a problem arise. The possible presence of undesirable message content, click the link in the e-mail will lead to download malicious software, or taking them to a malicious Web site. To ensure that these messages are filtered to the spam folder.
8. Monitor their inappropriate content and risky behavior mail and instant messaging / messages. They certainly do not like to be monitored. However, until they leave the university, you have the right to do so. Regularly check their e-mail Inbox, Sent and Deleted Items folder. In addition, their instant messaging to file must also be checked often. They may complain, but they are more important than the protection of their feelings.
9. They are only allowed to use has PrivDog privacy Komodo browser . Komodo dragon browser provides other browsers do not provide the security and privacy protection. You and your child should not installed SSL certificate to enter any information website, Dragon will issue risk warnings browser. Long browser also comes with PrivDog, an Internet tracking prevent other threats to your privacy, browser extensions. It can even prevent incidental malware infected web advertising. Incidentally, this is free.
10. Make sure that your new notebook and other computers with the latest Internet security software, many computer has Windows pre-installed anti-virus software and firewalls . Obtained from third-party vendors to protect the security suite is very poor substitute. There are many excellent free market anti-virus software . Currently, ranking the first place in Matousec.com Comodo security software is free.
Let the children’s parents operate a computer is really asking for trouble. If you want to give children the gift of a back to school, then give them Internet Security .